"Umm? Dad? I wonder if you can come to my 'office' and sign our mutual-beneficial contract for a Nintendo DS as a sponsorship asset if I get straight A's..."It's just another day I'm selling some of the old textbooks at school to a bunch of junior students. Well, I don't mean to be offensive but they're just kids who are really childish asking weird questions when they were doing business with me. I wonder if they know what it means to be engaged in business conversations... Anyway, now I've found out that kids are pretty tough to do business with. Here's why:
Situation 1 (phone conversation)
Kid A: Hello? Is this Joe? I wanna know if you have the Pre-Calculus textbook to sell as I need it.
Me: (What the hell? What's your name? Of course you're calling me just because you NEED it...) I'm sorry that I do not have the stock for it now. It is said that Math lecturers will offer to provide the books. Please consult your lecturers if they are providing some copies. Thank you.
Situation 2 (text messaging)
Kid B: Hey Joe, I'm interested to buy your books. Do you have the original copies or the xeroxed copies?
Me: (Who's the next unknown kid bothering me now? Can't these kids introduce themselves?) I have a few copies of each for sale, please refer to the posted advertisement and the enclosed list of textbooks and the suppliers on the board.
Kid B: A few copies of each? Does it mean the books are not complete?
Me: (Urrgh~ Kid! Can't you READ and UNDERSTAND my words? Shut the f**k up!) The books are complete. (How on earth am I going to sell them if they're incomplete?) I have several original copies of textbooks and a few xeroxed ones. Can I know which textbook is your concern?
Kid B: Oh, so does it mean that you're keeping the textbooks with lecture notes included for sale? Well, I'm looking for two textbooks, Pre-Calculus and General Maths. So how much do you sell them?
Me: (What? I don't even mention lecture notes are included on the advertisement I wrote. And now you're even bargaining with me? @#$%&!) ......
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now I know why Business is meant for adults only...
0 Commentaires:
Post a Comment